Monday 9 October 2017

I AM:

After being upset about my son
and wife not speaking on their birthday's
(Which is the first time ever for my son)
I found this poem:
I AM:
I am the same person,
I was the day I first became a mum.
I am still a loving mother,
And will be throughout the time to come.

I am still that same person,
Who saw the kids through their cheers and fears.
I am not far away in thought,
For them I will always be here.

I am still that bewildered person,
That I'm surplus to requirements.
I am so heartbroken,
That I they no longer want.

I am looking forward to the spring,
A time of refreshed hope.
I am that sort of person,
Who want to be able to cope.

I am first a loving mum / grandmother.
I guess I always will.
I am a person with some goals,
That hopefully I'll fulfill.

I am by nature a positive person,
To do the best I can.
I am also very honest and say.
"I AM WHAT I AM.

Copyright Yvonne Lewis 2017:

22 comments:

  1. This is a great poem. Not a grandma yet, but have a daughter who is becoming an adult and could definitely relate to the feelings of your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalia for a wonderful comment, a lovely moment when your first grandchild is born.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. A well written piece. Sorry you didn't get to speak to your son and daughter-in-law. You are right, we are always the same person, but with a wiser knowledge with living. Enjoy your new week, Yvonne. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, lovely comment but I didn't think John would speak on his birthday.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry. Maybe they were on holiday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Alex not on holiday just not talking.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. The way to be. Have to be thee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes after a crash dive one needs to take five.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you're right Spencer. Thank you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. We all can only be who we are. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a parent can be the most challenging job we have can't it?
    Wishing you joy. And you're right, one must be true to oneself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope things get better on all sides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And one day your dreams and hopes will come true, and you and your family will have a great reunion. Keep your positive attitude. You are a beautiful and brave woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Beverly.... have been hoping for years.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  10. One being oneself is the right thing to do! It will not bother any one. Not talking within the family normally is a temporary thing.By and by it will be resolved. Not to worry Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Hank but when one hasn't seen or heard from your children for 8yrs, 5 yrs and one year it wears a bit thin. I still don't know why this situation arose. To say not to worry? well being a mother I FO WORRY.
      yvonne.

      Delete